This webpage provides links to websites of CEE and also to other useful websites concerned and dealing with issues related to Environment, Environment Education (EE), Sustainable Development (SD) and/or Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). Some are the programmes or initiatives taken by particular Organizations or Institutes.
- Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
CEE hosted 'Education for Sustainable Future', the first international event to mark the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development in Jan 2005. This website gives information on the Conference, workshop recommendations, and outcomes from the Conference like the Ahmedabad Declaration and updates on activities that have happened since then. It lists out learnings on MDG's and would provide information on DESD activities across the world.
An interactive website for children who love exploring, enquiring, investigating and discovering the world we live in. This monthly environmental e-magazine has many features such as Spaceship Earth, green games, activity ideas and green days.
- Bio-medical Waste Management
This website gives an overview of Healthcare Establishment Waste Management and Education Programme (HEWMEP) initiated by CEE. Has useful information on treatment technology of biomedical wastes, and education and training related to it. Besides an e-newsletter on this theme, it provides a forum for discussion and chat to know the emerging trends in Hospital Waste Management.
- CEE Himalaya - Himalaya Initiative of the Center for Environment Education
This website provides information on the initiatives of CEE in various states of the Indo-Himalayan Region. Also has an online database of over 400 Governmental and Non Governmental Organizations working in the region.
- Livestock, Environment and Development (LEAD) India
This platform is one of the six regional platforms of the Livestock, Environment and Development (LEAD) initiative of FAO. Besides maps on livestock, it provides decision support tools for policy makers, planners and project leaders to assess interactions between livestock and the environment. It has a database of experts, institutions related to livestock in India and a large collection of photographs.
- Paryavaran Edutech - The Online Shop for Environmental Educational Products
Edutech is the educational products division of CEE. This website is the online shop for environmental education products and publications that cater to educators, decision-makers, field-workers, curriculum developers, etc. It also sells display materials, accessories and gifts.
- South Asia Youth Environment Network (SAYEN)
CEE hosts the Secretariat of South Asia Youth Environment Network (SAYEN). This website provides a forum for sharing news, information about the network, activities of the National Focal Points, hosts web discussions and opinion polls.
- Tbilisiplus30 This website is the official website for the 4th International Conference on Environmental Education which will be hosted by CEE during 26th to 28th November 2007, at Ahmedabad, India. The Conference, which is being co-sponsored by the Government of India and UNESCO, is titled as 'Environmental Education for a Sustainable Future - Partners for the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development'. The Conference is the fourth in the series of International Conferences on Environmental Education since the first, held at Tbilisi, Georgia, in 1977. Conferences have been held every decade thereafter to review the progress made in the field - this is how the website derives its name 'Tbilisiplus30'. The website gives information about different aspects of the Conference, viz. the background, objectives, desired outcome, format, schedule, themes, etc.
- UNDP GEF Small Grants Programme in India
CEE is the National Host Institution for the UNDP-GEF-Small Grants Programme in India. This website gives an overview of this Programme, its thrust areas and activities, experiences and learnings in India, information for potential partners, list of ongoing and completed projects, and links to institutions working on the thrust areas.